Come to Cape May This Labor Day and Enjoy a Weekend at the Jersey Shore
Labor Day Things to Do in Cape May ..yes there is life after Labor Day in Cape May Here’s our list of 20 Things to Do in Cape May during Labor Day Weekend
Check out our list of 20 family fun things to do in Cape May. It’s back to school time at the Jersey Shore. Come down to Cape May and enjoy the uncrowded beaches, resorts, restaurants, whale, and dolphin watching after peak season.
It’s the official end of the Summer in Cape May NJ with the start of Fall Season .Come to Cape May for the Fall Season and spend the weekend at the Jersey Shore. Go Whale and Dolphin watching this summer weekend or catch the beautiful sunset aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher with a spectacular evening cruise. Go Fishing Aboard the Famous Cape May Lady- Captain Jason from the Cape May Lady is back in service with a complete re-power for the famous Cape May Lady 4 hour fishing trips. Get discounted tickets here for the Cape May Lady and book online. You can also book your tickets and board by using your own smartphone.
List of 20 Things Things to Do in Cape May After Labor Day
- Hit the Beach before the Summer Ends here in Cape May, you paid for those beach tags, no go ahead and use them. The best time to visit the beach is during September, the summer crowds are gone and the ocean water temperature remains tepid.
- Take a late September Whale Watching Cruise aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher, Enjoy the crisp off shore air as you round the point and view the dolphins and water side view of the Cape May Light House.
- Visit the Lobster House Fish Market and select the fresh catch from the day to prep your end of summer meal. The Lobster house which is home to a commercial fishing fleet also has a dockside raw bar and the outdoor Schooner American restaurant to sit and order fresh fish and have a cold beer.
- Why not Shop and Stroll, check out the Washington Street Mall a three block pedestrian concourse between Perry and Ocean Streets, don’t forget to visit West Cape May and check out the West End Garage.
- Sunset Beach in Cape May – Salute the Flag at Sunset Point, the Sunset Point Gift shop holds a Flag Ceremony every day at dusk, listen to the old scratched record over the loud speakers you can hunt for Cape May Diamonds at Sunset Beach in front of the Concrete Ship.
- Cool off with Wine Tasting in Cape May, You can visit the Cape May Winery or try the Hawk Haven Winery in Rio Grande NJ. The Cape May Winery and Vineyard offers award winning wines in a pristine tasting environment. Spend a September afternoon sipping wine and enjoying the great September weather in Cape May.
- Order a Cold Beer and have a bucket of peel and eat shrimp, check out the Beach Shack and the Rusty Nail in Cape May they both offer hip family fun dining with an outside bar. You can sit around the fire pit with your toes in the Sand during the evening, or you can bring your Pooch to the Beach Shack and order from the “Dog-Friendly” menu.
- Hit Happy Hour at dusk, you can check out the Brown Room located inside the Congress Hall or visit Martini Beach, or the new Sea Salt Restaurant with a beach front view.
- Take a tour of the Cape May Light, Concrete Tower of the Physick House. You can get discount tickets here from the Cape May Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts; don’t forget to bring the camera for a great photo opp.
- Visit the South Jersey Marina and take a Cape Harbor Tour aboard the Cape May Tiny Cruise. Captain Doug departs from the South Jersey Marina, providing a slow and comfortable harbor side view from his 12 passenger Tiny Cruise Line.
- Last Chance for a High Speed Run on the Jet Boat Adventure departing from Utsch’s Marina. Captain Andy’s Jet Boat Adventure is a high speed adventure with exhilarating 180 degree turns and high speed runs up to 35 MPH on the water. Expect to get a little wet and scream aboard this roller coaster like water ride in Cape May.
- Spend a Quiet Afternoon at the Red Point General Store in Cape May Point. This quiet and secluded getaway offers farm fresh to the table breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. You can escape the crowds of Cape May, enjoy al fresco dining and take a stroll in the park across the street after your meal.
- Go on a 4 Hour Fishing Trip aboard the Cape May Lady at South Jersey Marina. September is one of the best months for fishing here in Cape May. Spend the day on the water and enjoy a pristine day of fall fishing before the winter temperatures set in.
- Take on Last Climb up the Cape May Lighthouse 15 Lighthouse Avenue Cape May Point
It’s 199 steps to the top, the view is worth every step overlooking the Atlantic coastline and the Delaware Bay.
- Visit the Emlen Physick Estate located at 1048 Washington Street. You can experience what life was like during the Victorian Era. See what life was like in Cape May in Victorian times by touring this estate. You can also have afternoon tea in the converted carriage house.
- Visit the Cape May County Zoo Visit the Cape May County Zoo located on Route 9 only five miles or a 10 minute drive from the center of Cape May, New Jersey. Plan for a day outdoors with some walking for about two hour stay, pack your lunch or eat at the Zoo. The park has many shaded stations to stop and rest and comfortable concession areas.
- Check out the Vintage Aircraft at the Naval Air Station Wildwood Naval Air Station (NAS) Wildwood Aviation Museum is a non-profit museum located at the Cape May Airport inside historic Hangar #1.
- Bring you Pooch to Cape May, May of the Beach areas open up after September. Head down to Sunset Beach which is Dog Friendly at Cape May Point. The Sunset Beach Grill features outside tables which are Pet Friendly. Sunset Beach includes a fully stocked Gift Shop, Miniature Golf and you can also view the famous Concrete Ship Atlantis. For a complete list of Cape May Dog Friendly Things to do please visit our Dog Friendly page here, don’t forget the BillMae Suites Cottage in Cape May which is completely Pet Friendly.
- Hit the Greens and Play a Round at Cape May National. Book Local Cape May and Atlantic City Golf Live On Line Today
- Go Boating in Cape May and visit one of Cape May’s word class Marina’s The pristine beaches, ideal back bay inter-coastal water ways and close proximity to the Historical town of Cape May make for ideal boating conditions. Cape May located on the Southern most tip of New Jersey offers an easily accessible inlet on the Atlantic side, and a safe and easy passage from the Delaware Bay via the protected Cape May Canal.
Save 10% on all Fall Cape May Whale Watcher events and book on line with savings discount code CAPEMAYRESORT
Give a special gift of memories aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher or the Cape May Lady. You can purchase a gift certificate or gift card for a whale & dolphin watch, a dolphin watch, or our ‘Around Cape Island Cruise’. It’s easy, just call use Cape May Resort Simpletix link below and order online to save . Don’t forget to use discount code CAPEMAYRESORT.
Complete your search for you Cape May Vacation and Check the local deals here to get the best price and save money on your next great vacation. With Cape May Resort Travel working with the world’s largest online travel agency Expedia , we make it easy to get the best prices on Cape May Hotels + hotel vacations.
All images on this page are wholly owned or licensed by CapeMayResorts LLC. Any reproduction or duplication of proprietary images on another website or in print without prior express written consent from CapeMayResorts LLC is prohibited by law. Content copyright 2012 CapeMayResort.com LLC .