How will You Spend Your Memorial Day 2017 at the Cape May Jersey Shore.
In honor of our Americans that have died in the Military Service, Memorial Day marks the official start of the Summer Season in Cape May NJ. Please recognize and honor our local heroes from New Jersey and take a pause to pay respect and thanks for those that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
Visit the Sunset Beach Cape May 40 Year Flag Ceremony honoring our Veterans
Memorial Day is Monday May 29th in Cape May New Jersey
Although the official Memorial Day marks the start of the summer in Cape May NJ, and many New Jersey shore goers will flock to the shore to enjoy a barbecue, opening of the shore house, launching of a boat for the season or finding that perfect Cape May Hotel, bar or restaurant. We wanted to list a few simple traditions that you can start this summer in Cape May to kick off your Memorial Day and pay respect for this holiday weekend.
Memorial Day Things to Do in Cape May, Start A Tradition this Year
- Take a drive to Sunset Beach and attend the Flag Raising Ceremony, this tradition starts this weekend as a forty year tradition, as a donated families veteran’s casket flag is raised over the beach, you can listen to the worn out and scratched record playing of God Bless America.
- Visit the Fisherman’s Memorial which honors the past fisherman from Cape May and overlooks Cape May Harbor.
- Attend the City of Cape May Memorial Day Ceremony Monday Mach 29 2017
location: All Wars Monument on Columbia Avenue at 9 AM.
Cape May Convention Hall at 11 AMDate/Time Information:9 AM
- Visit the World War II Sighting Tower
- Sponsor A Flower Bouquet to placed a the National War Memorials on Memorial Day
- Atlantic Brass Band performs at Rotary Park – 28th Annual Cape May Music FestivalAtlantic Brass Band on Sunday May 28th
- And if you can’t attend any of the functions above why not Fly the Flag Fly the flag in Cape May
- Did you know that traditional guidelines call for the flag to be displayed in public areas only from sunrise to sunset? (However, it may fly at any time as long as it’s illuminated.)
Save 10% on all Memorial Day 2017 Cape May Whale Watcher events and book on line with savings discount code CAPEMAYRESORT
Save 10% on all SpringCape May Whale Watcher events and book on line with savings discount code CAPEMAYRESORT
Give a special gift of memories aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher or the Cape May Lady. You can purchase a gift certificate or gift card for a whale & dolphin watch, a dolphin watch, or our ‘Around Cape Island Cruise’. It’s easy, just call use Cape May Resort Simpletix link below and order on line to save . Don’t forget to use discount code CAPEMAYRESORT.
– See more at: http://www.capemayresort.com/cape-may-resort-blog/#sthash.G6lXUHsL.dpuf
Looking for a Cape May Hotel Deal in Cape May for the Spring 2017?
Complete your search for you Cape May Vacation and Check the local deals here to get the best price and save money on your next great vacation. With Cape May Resort Travel working with the world’s largest online travel agency Expedia , we make it easy to get the best prices on Cape May Hotels + hotel vacations.
All images on this page are wholly owned or licensed by CapeMayResorts LLC. Any reproduction or duplication of proprietary images on another website or in print without prior express written consent from CapeMayResorts LLC is prohibited by law. Content copyright 2012 CapeMayResort.com LLC .