Come to Cool Cape May for a Day Trip or Weekend this summer
It’s the heat of the summer in New Jersey this week with temperatures reaching into the high 90’s during the day. Why not plan a day trip with the kids to the Jersey Shore and come to Cool Cape May for a quick day trip or weekend. Cape May County offers many free day trip venues for families like the Cape May Zoo, or the Cape May Nature Center which is sure to please the kids and help your wallet.
- Climb the Light House Kids Climb Free – First on our list is to visit the Cape May Point Park, you can visit the lighthouse and use this coupon from the Mid Atlantic Center for the Arts for kids to climb free with a paid adult.
- Whale and Dolphin Watching – Go See a Dolphin or Whale in its natural habitat. Take a day trip aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher. The fares are below $30 and you can save 10% on line by booking here. They sail (3) times a day 10AM, 1PM and 6:30PM with a sunset dinner cruise. The Cape May Whale Watcher offers free parking; public restrooms and they have a Dancing Dolphin Gift shop.
- Cape May County Zoo – Spend the day at the Zoo in Cape May County, it’s free and you can donate what you can afford, they have ample picnic benches, snack stands and lots of kids friendly exhibits including the Snow Cub lions. The Cape May County Zoo is open year round . The hours of operation are from 10:00 am until 3:45pm in the winter and 10:00am until 4:45pm in the summer.
- Cape May Nature Center – Visit the Cape May Nature Center across that Harbor in Cape May NJ. You can explore the Harbor, climb the observation deck or check out the Nature learning nook. They have a well stock gift shop with lots of nature themed gifts and books.
- Sunset Point Cape May – On the way back from the lighthouse visit the Sunset Point area and view the partially sunken concrete ship SS Atlantus. It’s free to park take pictures and you can walk the beach and hunt for Cape May Diamonds washing ashore from the Delaware Bay. The Sunset Beach Gift Shop also has a full stocked store, concession area or you can play a round of miniature golf while enjoying the breeze from the Delaware Bay. The also have a Flag Ceremony every evening during the summer respecting our Veterans’ at dusk.
- Naval Air Station Wildwood NAS – It’s just a 10 Min ride from the center of Cape May, you can visit an historic World War II Air Field which also has a fully restored hanger with vintage World War II airplanes and interactive displays for children. You can also score a half price admission coupon for children here. Kids can also sit in a number of the aircraft cockpits which is lots of fun and makes for a great photo opportunity.
- Historic Cold Spring Village – Only 3 miles from Cape May, The Village brings to life the day-to-day activities of villagers living in South Jersey during the “age of homespun.” (1789-1840). Visitors can make a personal connection between the past and present through the interactive, educational, and hands-on family activities
- Jet Boat Adventures in Cape May NJ – If you looking for an exhilarating high speed ride on the water, take a ride on the new Jet Boat “Get Some” located in Utsches Marina from East Coast Parasailing. This high speed boat ride is a 45 minute blast, with adult prices at $39.99 and Children at $29.99. You can save 10% and order your tickets ahead with Cape May Resort Simple Tix on Line.
Save Money with Kid Friendly Events in Cape May NJ
Please use these money saving discount Coupons in Cape May during your next day trip with your family this summer. You can print out the money saving coupons or just show them on your smart phone to receive the discount.