This year many of us living in New Jersey Shore and the Cape May local areas have many things to be thankful for.
Hurricane Sandy displaced many New Jersey home owners and destroyed properties, boats and disrupted our neighbors lives. We are most thankful for all of the emergency workers including Police, Fire, Coast Guard, The Red Cross and the Utility workers that struggled to assist and bring normalcy back to our lives.
|Thanksgiving dinner in Cape May NJ|
This year, instead of over spending on over the top gifts and expensive dinners, we plan to make a donation to our favorite charity and local animal rescue service. And this year, we plan to keep it simple and be thankful for the small things in life, spend times with our loved ones and take a brisk walk on the Cape May beaches to help renew and revitalize our spirit.
|A Warm Fireplace seat at the Virgina Hotel during Winter, Cape May NJ.|
As the winter season approaches, we enjoy taking a quiet walk on the empty beach, listening to the gulls and getting our faces ice cold. The best part of a Cape May winter day is to head back to your favorite Bed and Breakfast or Hotel and sit back and enjoy a hot tea or coffee in front of a fireplace while relaxing.
If you want to take a break from the cooking and prepping for a Thanksgiving Dinner, you can visit many restaurants in Cape May that will do the work for you while you enjoy the time with your family.
|Enjoy a Thanksgiving Holiday in a Cape May Bed and Breakfast|
Here is a brief list of some things to do during Thanksgiving week end in Cape May.
- Take a break from the cooking and visit Congress Hall. You can fireside in the Blue Big Dining Room or eat in the Congress Hall Ballroom, check out the link for the menu here.
- Why not sleep in on Thanksgiving forget about the cleaning and prep work and stay over at Bed and Breakfast in Cape May. Again Congress Hall has a Thanksgiving Get Away Package.
- Take a stroll in Cape May for some local shopping in the Washington Street Mall. The summer traffic is gone and you can enjoy a leisurely walk down the promenade while shopping for some unique Cape May Christmas Gifts. Dont’ forget to check out the West End Garagee for best in local and unique antiques, fine arts and jewelry.
- Stay at an Historic Bed and Breakfast, relax have a cup of tea and sleep in for the morning in a comfortable bed. We highly recommend the Queen Victoria Bed and Breakfast, you can also check availability for local accommodations in town at the following link.
- Visit a local Cape May Winery and enjoy a wine tasting. You can shop for some local gifts while enjoying the local Cape May award winning wines.
|Walking the Beach in Cape May During Winter|