Coming to the beach in Cape May for your Annual Vacation? What to do if it’s raining during your Cape May Weekend Vacation.
Cape May offers a beautiful beach side Victorian Resort area, along with five star restaurants, boating and recreational events and activities for the summer season. To check the local Cape May Mid Atlantic Series for the Arts event calendar please visit events here.
If you here for vacation and it’s a rainy weekend in Cape May take a look at the list of top things to do in Cape during the rain.
Top Ten Things to Do in the Rain in Cape May NJ during Vacation
- Go Shopping at the Washington Street Mall, visit West Cape May and check end the West End Garage
- Enjoy the day a local Cape May Winery, take a local wine tour and enjoy a flight tasting of wines.
- Head over to Beach Ave and enjoy the arcades on the promenade.This is old school fun for the family including tickets dispensed as you play along.
- Enjoy a local Cape May Museum or head over to Rio Grande and check out the vintage aircraft. NASW Aviation Museum
- Enjoy a day at the Cape May Day Spa, or visit any of the local Cape May Spa’s for a day of pampering and relaxation.
- Enjoy the day aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher, this fully enclosed environmentally controlled cabin is a great place to enjoy Dolphin and nature sightings while protected from the rain.
- Spend the day fishing in the rain aboard the Cape May Lady, the fish always bite in the rain and the Cape May Lady offers 4 hour fishing trips regardless of the rainy weather.
- Stay on your covered porch in Cape May and enjoy a beach side view of the ocean. The 931 Guest Beach House is a favorite based on the unique location and covered beach side view.
- Take a Horse and Trolley Ride while enjoying the narration from the carriage driver.
- Head over to Congress Hall and enjoy a luxurious cocktail in the Brown Room, know as the living room of Cape May.
- Go Surfer Style and head to original Rusty Nail Surfers Bar, which has been upgraded with a compliment compliment of food and upscale beverages.
- Cape May County Zoo – it’s free and family fun …Consider a trip to the Cape May County Zoo. It’s really a great local zoo that your kids are sure to love, Admission is free and the 85 acre zoo features over 250 different species including wild cats (Lions, Cheetahs & Tigers) which are a very popular attraction.
History of the 931 Beach Guest House Located in Cape May on the Beach
Since 1892, 931 Beach Avenue has stood as a cherished place for guests and their families to enjoy the sights and sounds of Cape May, New Jersey, America’s oldest seaside resort town.
931 Beach Guest House is a treasure from late 19th century Victorian Cape May architecture. The guest house and its surrounding area were originally the summer playground of wealthy industrialists from Philadelphia and New York. These families envisioned a simple but elegant home, a place where the family could enjoy wonderful ocean breezes and comfortable starry nights.
The character of the house has been preserved over the years and today 931 Beach Guest House offers guests seaside relaxation combined with modern amenities to create a truly unique beachfront experience.
See Reservations to book a room today.