Cape May Seasonal Information
Cape May NJ has become a year round resort designation, you can find family fun things to do for every passing of the season. We also have included a link for Local Cape May weather forecasts, tides and average seasonal temperatures in Cape May NJ. You can also click on the Cape May Weather Channel link here to view historical seasonal temperature information.
Please visit our Cape May local weather page here to get your up to forecast for the Cape May Autumn Season.
Autumn in Cape May NJ
As the fall season begins to roll in, Cape May’s second season is in full motion. While some might say after Labor Day the summer is over, September and the Autumn season is one of the best times to visit the Cape May Shore. Most restaurants are open during the fall, with some local Cape May Restaurants switching to weekend hours. Local fishing is at it’s peak with the Fall Striper Migration off of the coast of Cape May, and the Cape May Rips promises to be a rich fishing ground close to the shore. You can still go on a Cape May Whale and Dolphin Watching cruise during the entire Fall Season. The Cape May Whale Watcher has a climate controlled cabin for a comfortable day off shore. You can save on the 1:00PM Fall Whale Watching and Dolphin trip with direct booking on the ticketing site here.
Temperatures in Autumn in Cape May NJ
The average monthly temperatures during the fall are 77ºF in September, 66ºF in October and 56ºF in November. Average water temperatures are 73-60ºF. You can click on this link for additional temperature information during the fall season.
Fun Family Things to Do in Cape May NJ during the Fall Season include:
- West Cape May Lima Bean Festival
- Jackson Street’s Oktoberfest in September
- Victorian Weekend sponsored by the (MAC) Mid Atlantic Center for the Arts
- Birding Migration sponsored by New Jersey Audubon Society, celebrates the fall migration of thousands of species of birds, butterflies and raptors
- Visit the Cape May Winery
- Shop at the West End Garage in West Cape May for local hand made treasures
- Take a 1:00PM Whale Watching Dolphin Cruise aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher
- Go Fishing aboard the Cape May Lady