Memorial Day Things to Do in Cape May, Start A Tradition this Year
Come to Cape May this Memorial Day and start a family fun tradition. Here’s our brief list of fun things to do during the first opening weekend in Cape May for the Summer.
- Take a drive to Sunset Beach and attend the Flag Raising Ceremony, this tradition starts this weekend as a forty year tradition, as a donated families veteran’s casket flag is raised over the beach, you can listen to the worn out and scratched record playing of God Bless America.
- Visit the Fisherman’s Memorial which honors the past fisherman from Cape May and overlooks Cape May Harbor.
- Attend the City of Cape May Memorial Day Ceremony at 10:30 AM on May 27th
- Attend the The United States Coast Guard Training Center Cape May, N.J Sunset Parade On May 26th at 7:45 PM The Training Center is open to the invited family members and guests of the graduating class every Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Celebrate Memorial Day and help kick off the 24th Annual Cape May Music Festival during this year’s Cape May Music Festival Gala, presented by the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities (MAC), on May 26 from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the restored Joseph Hall Cottage, 645 Hughes St.
- Visit the World War II Sighting Tower
- Sponsor A Flower Bouquet to placed a the National War Memorials on Memorial Day
- And if you can’t attend any of the functions above why not Fly the Flag Fly the flag in Cape May
- Did you know that traditional guidelines call for the flag to be displayed in public areas only from sunrise to sunset? (However, it may fly at any time as long as it’s illuminated.)
You can Sponsor a Flower Bouquets to places at the National War Memorials on Memorial Day, or make a donation to the The Memorial Day Foundation by clicking on the banner below.
The Memorial Day Foundation’s mission is to increase awareness and respect
Memorial Day Fun Things to Do this Year in Cape May with your Family
Here’s a brief list of some things to do in Cape May for this upcoming Memorial Day weekend.
Peter Nero and the Philly POPS will perform Memorial Day Weekend Saturday May 24, at 8 p.m. in Cape May Convention Hall at 714 Beach Avenue in Cape May. Two-time Grammy Award-winning pianist Peter Nero is back at the helm for this 2014 Cape May concert, which is one of only two performances annually in which Peter leads the Philly POPS, and it is the only one in New Jersey, organizers said.
Exit 0 Jazz Festival – Meet Your Music at the Exit 0 International Jazz Festival in Cape May, NJ, May 30-June 1, 2014! During the 3-day Fest weekend, Cape May transforms into a jazz mecca as Exit 0 Jazz plays host to over 100 international touring musicians. The atmosphere is styled after European festivals, with fest-goers strolling from venue to venue reveling in the many styles of music from jazz, soul, blues and R&B.
May 25 Crafts and Antiques for Memorial Day: Craft and Antiques vendors offer a wide selection of country crafts, folk art, custom-designed jewelry, antiques and a choice selection of Victorian items.
Cape May Convention Hall, Beach Avenue at Stockton. Sunday, May 25, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sponsored by the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities (MAC). For more information, call 609-884- 5404 or 800-275-4278 or visit www.capemaymac.org.
May 25 – June 12 Cape May Music Festival: Enjoy world-class orchestral and chamber music, a world traditions series and Bach’s Lunches at the 25th annual Cape May Music Festival. Sunday, May 25 through Thursday, June 12. Presented by the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities (MAC). For more information, call 609-884-5404 or 800-275-4278 or visit www.capemaymac.org.
– See more at: http://www.capemayresort.com/#sthash.8VcMAY6b.dpuf
– See more at: http://www.capemayresort.com/cape-may-nj-memorial-day-flags/#sthash.TmnTo7Z0.dpuf