* Information We Collect
* Using Information We Collect
* Information We Share with Others and Your Privacy Rights
* Your Choices about Communication from CapeMayResort.com
* Cookies and Pixel Tags
* How We Use Email
* Links to Other Green Sites
* Policy Changes
Information We Collect
We may collect information (including name, address, telephone number, email address, transaction information, credit card information and date of birth) when you:
1. Place an order on our Web site
2. Return an item or make an exchange
3. Inquire about our recycling services
4. Create an account at CapeMayResort.com
5. Sign-up for CapeMayResort.com email updates
6. Enter our Green Refer-a-Friend
7. Recycle an electronic device as part of our Reclaim, Recycle, Reuse Trade-in Program
8. Enter a contest or sweepstakes
9. Are referred to us through a marketing promotion
10. Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event
We maintain the data that you provide us, along with a record of your purchases, in a secure database. To best serve you, we may combine this information with data that is publicly available and data that we receive from other reputable sources, whose policies meet the Direct Marketing Association’s privacy standards.
We also gather information about how visitors navigate through our Web site by using clickstream data gathered with “cookies” and/or other online tools such as “pixel tags.” See Cookies and Pixel Tags for further information.
Using Information We Collect
At CapeMayResort.com, we always want to provide you with the best possible shopping experience and fulfill your orders exactly as you’ve requested. In order to do this, we collect information that allows us to:
1. Process and track your order
2. Provide the services you request
3. Contact you about the status of an order
4. Send you promotional offers we believe will be of interest to you
5. Send you CapeMayResort.com email updates
6. Identify your product and service preferences
7. Customize our communications to you
8. Provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased
9. Improve our merchandise selection and customer service
Information We Share with Others and Your Privacy Rights
We contract with other companies to provide certain services, including credit card processing, shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, market research and promotions management. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than CapeMayResort.com.
From time to time, we make our mailing list (names and addresses only) and general shopping activity available to reputable companies whose products we believe will be of interest to you and whose privacy practices meet the Direct Marketing Association’s privacy standards. We do not share email addresses for this purpose. If you do not want to receive mailings from other reputable companies and prefer that we do not share any information with these companies, please contact us.
Your Choices about Communication from CapeMayResort.com
We offer choices about the types of information you receive from us. If you prefer not to receive email updates from CapeMayResort.com, please visit the My Account section of CapeMayResort.com or contact us at the address shown below.
Cookies and Pixel Tags
A cookie is a small data file that is stored by your Web browser on your computer. Cookies enable you to place an order on our Web site. They also allow us to enhance and personalize your online shopping experience, so that the information you receive is more relevant to you.
* Remember what items are in your Shopping Cart
* Recognize you when you return to our Web site
* Enable you to use Express Checkout, if you have created an account at CapeMayResort.com
* Study how our customers navigate through our Web site and which products they request in site searches
How We Use Email
When you provide us your email address, we will email you as necessary to process your order, respond to a request or provide customer service. For example, after you place an order at CapeMayResort.com, you will receive an email confirmation and, in most cases, an email with package tracking information. Recipients of our email gift cards will receive an email notifying them of the gift and instructing them on how to redeem it.
We may also send promotional email about products, special offers, services or events that we believe may be of interest to you. It is our intent to send promotional emails only to those persons who wish to receive them. We provide instructions on how to unsubscribe in each email and within the My Account section of CapeMayResort.com.
Links to Other Cape May Sites
Occasionally we provide links on our Web site to other Cape May sites we think you will enjoy. These sites operate independently of CapeMayResort.com and have established their own privacy and security policies. For the best online experience, we strongly encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit.
It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you or received from a partner. We use a variety of current technologies and processes for protection of our customer data. We limit the information we provide to outside companies with whom we contract to only what they need to carry out their responsibilities. It is our practice to use encryption whenever we receive or transmit sensitive data.
When you make a purchase, or create an account on our Web site, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format.
Privacy of Children on Our Web Site
Our Web site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.