Walkin’ in a Winter Wonderland Congress Hall, Star Inn, Sandpiper
Available November 27- December 31, 2015
Step out of the doors of Congress Hall into a magical Winter Wonderland. The Congress Hall elves are working hard all year long to provide the sixth annual month-long festival. Hop on a train ride aboard the Congress Hall Express, sip on hot chocolate and enjoy some tasty treats. See Santa for photos and Breakfast in the Ballroom and get some holiday shopping done at our amazing shopping village- you’re sure to find something for everyone on your list. Plus, kids eat free each morning!! As our guest you will enjoy:
- A train ride on the Congress Hall Express for each guest*
- Hot chocolate for each guest**
- A special Holiday gift
- $20 Breakfast Voucher in the Blue Pig Tavern Each morning of your stay, plus kids eat free each morning!***
*up to 4 train tickets
**up to 4 hot chocolates
***Kids eat free: For every adult entree or sandwich purchased off of the Blue Pig Tavern menu, one child age 12 and under may eat free off of the children’s menu.
– See more at: http://www.caperesorts.com/concierge/capemay/specialoffers/walkin-in-a-winter-wonderland/#sthash.4Fz5Lpvq.dpuf
Enjoy Christmas In Cape May for the Holiday Season
Christmas in the Victorian town Cape May is a special and magical time as merchants and homeowners decorate the beautiful Victorian Homes. To add to the Christmas spirit you can take old fashioned Christmas trolley tour with (MAC) Mid Atlantic Center for the Arts. Don’t miss the Washington Street Mall to enjoy the merchants decorations and the entire town including the Cape May Hisoric Hotels, and Victorian Bed and Breakfast Inn’s all decorate for the Christmas Holidays.
Special Events and Things to do for Christmas in Cape May NJ
Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony
Saturday, November 22, 2014
Join special guests Santa Claus and Dr. Physick for the Christmas tree lighting. Refreshments will be served and Santa will flip the switch and light the thousands of bulbs.
6–8 pm tour, 7 pm tree lighting
The Emlen Physick Estate, 1048 Washington St.
Sponsored by the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities (MAC). For more information, call 609-884-5404 or 800-275-4278 or visit www.capemaymac.org.
Christmas Candlelight Tours in Cape May
Saturdays, Dec. 6, 13 & 27, 2014
5:30pm to 8:30pm
Experience the high point of Cape May’s holiday season during these self-guided tours, which feature:
• Homes, inns, hotels & churches specially decorated for the holidays (at least a dozen each night)
• Christmas caroling and strolling musicians, trees and garland & good old-fashioned cheer
• Hospitality centers with warm beverages & home-baked goodies
• Admission to the Emlen Physick Estate, Cape May’s only Victorian house museum, and to “An Old-fashioned Christmas: Holiday Traditions through the Years” exhibit in the Carriage House Gallery
• Continuous shuttle service on heated trolleys
$25 adults, $20 children (ages 3-12)
Limited tours. Reserve early! Ca
Top Ten Things to Do During the Winter and Holiday Season in Cape May
Come to Cape May for the Holiday Season this year. The Winter Season is in full swing in Cape May with many new local Holiday events taking place. Some come down to the Jersey shore, stay at a Bed and Breakfast, go shopping and visit America’s best East Coast Resort Area this winter.Come to Cape May and enjoy the local innkeepers Christmas decorations, walk the beach and spend an evening at the Brown Room at Congress Hall in front of the warm fireplace. Don’t forget to attend the West Cape May Christmas Parade and take a stroll by the Cape May Christmas Tree at our Rotary Park.
Cape May NJ Holiday Things to Do This Year
- You can hike the beach and visit the Cape May Lighthouse and climb to the top for a great view, then retire for a Hot Chocolate and rum drink.
- A few years ago we drove to the beach on New Years night and shouted Happy New Years! into the ocean. Bring a flashlight and bundle up against the wind.
- Go carolling. Make some small song books (lyrics only), and some candles with mitten-guards, then visit the relatives and their neighbors.
- Go shopping the West End Garage is open and the Washington Street Mall is decorated for the season and open for business.
- Sit at a fire place at your favorite Bed and Breakfast Inn or Hotel, we prefer the bar and fireplace at the Brown Room in Congress Hall the official living room of Cape May.
- Take A Candlelight Tour of the Victorian homes and Church’s, you can get go on a self guided tour and pick up tickets from MAC.
- Visit a Winery and enjoy a tasting event, we have several award winning Vineyards all within a 10 minute drive of Cape May.
- Go shopping for that one of a kind Christmas Tree Ornament at Winterwood. This classic shop is a Cape May tradition with stores located in Cape May and Rio Grande NJ.
- Eat Chocolate in Cape May, Louisa just opened her new Louisa’s Chocolate Bar one stop away from Louisa’s restaurant.
- Stay at a luxurious Bed and Breakfast, sleep in and enjoy a cup of tea or Coffee in the morning.
If you are looking for more things to do in Cape May this winter click on the link here for some addtional ideas.