Cape May Memorial Day Events and Things to Do for the Start of the Summer
If you are planning to come to the New Jersey shore for the official start of the season or Memorial Day. Plan ahead and and join the Memorial Day celebration on May 26 at 11:00 AM. You can also see Peter Nero and Philly Pops in the Cape May Convention center, or join the Cape May Music Festival. You can order tickets here or learn more about Cape May Music Festival at the following Link.
Atlantic Brass Band Sunday, May 25 The Atlantic Brass Band, under the baton of Salvatore Scarpa, presents a program of rousing American music, the perfect finish to the Memorial Day Weekend. FREE ADMISSION
Cape May Memorial Day Ceremony – Cape May May 26 2014 – The ceremony begins at 11:00 AM.
For the third consecutive year, Peter Nero and the Philly POPS will perform Memorial Day Weekend Saturday May 24, at 8 p.m. in Cape May Convention Hall at 714 Beach Avenue in Cape May.
Two-time Grammy Award-winning pianist Peter Nero is back at the helm for this 2014 Cape May concert, which is one of only two performances annually in which Peter leads the Philly POPS, and it is the only one in New Jersey, organizers said.
Cape May Music Festival- 25th Annual – Cape May May 25 2014 – Sunday, May 25th through Thursday, June 12th
- Climb the Stairs to the Top of the Cape May Lighthouse – The Cape May Lighthouse is located on the southernmost tip of New Jersey. Climb up the winding 199 stairs to the top of the 157 foot-tall structure and from the watch gallery take in a fantastic view the Atlantic Ocean, the town of Cape May, Delaware Bay, and Cape May Point State Park.
- Take a Ride on The Cape May Whale Watcher
- Stay in a Cape May Historical Hotel
- Launch your Boat in Cape May
- Dig for a Cape May Diamond at Sunset Beach
- Take a Tour of a Real Victorian Mansion
- Catch the Cape May Ferry to Lewes for a Day Trip
- Take a Trolley Tour
- Visit a Local Cape May Winery of the new Cape May Brew Pub
- Walk the Beach and enjoy the start of a new season.
– See more at: http://www.capemayresort.com/cape-may-memorial-day-weekend-events-2013/#sthash.VHYMTvgz.dpuf
How will You Spend Your Memorial Day at the Cape May Jersey Shore.
In honor of our Americans that have died in the Military Service, Memorial Day marks the official start of the Summer Season in Cape May NJ. Please recognize and honor our local heroes from New Jersey and take a pause to pay respect and thanks for those that have given the ultimate sacrifice for our country.
Although the official Memorial Day marks the start of the summer in Cape May NJ, and many New Jersey shore goers will flock to the shore to enjoy a barbecue, opening of the shore house, launching of a boat for the season or finding that perfect Cape May Hotel, bar or restaurant. We wanted to list a few simple traditions that you can start this summer in Cape May to kick off your Memorial Day and pay respect for this holiday weekend.
Memorial Day Things to Do in Cape May, Start A Tradition this Year
Take a drive to Sunset Beach and attend the Flag Raising Ceremony, this tradition starts this weekend as a forty year tradition, as a donated families veteran’s casket flag is raised over the beach, you can listen to the worn out and scratched record playing of God Bless America.
- Visit the Fisherman’s Memorial which honors the past fisherman from Cape May and overlooks Cape May Harbor.
- Attend the City of Cape May Memorial Day Ceremony at 10:30 AM on May 27th
- Attend the The United States Coast Guard Training Center Cape May, N.J Sunset Parade On May 26th at 7:45 PM The Training Center is open to the invited family members and guests of the graduating class every Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Celebrate Memorial Day and help kick off the 24th Annual Cape May Music Festival during this year’s Cape May Music Festival Gala, presented by the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities (MAC), on May 26 from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the restored Joseph Hall Cottage, 645 Hughes St.
- Visit the World War II Sighting Tower
- Sponsor A Flower Bouquet to placed a the National War Memorials on Memorial Day
- And if you can’t attend any of the functions above why not Fly the Flag Fly the flag in Cape May
- Did you know that traditional guidelines call for the flag to be displayed in public areas only from sunrise to sunset? (However, it may fly at any time as long as it’s illuminated.)
– See more at: http://www.capemayresort.com/cape-may-nj-memorial-day-flags/#sthash.VX78Kf28.dpuf