Top Ten things to do in Cape May During the Spring
It’s almost Spring 2017 in Cape May. Cape May is a year round resort destination at the New Jersey Shore, with lot’s of events in place for the start of the Spring Season. You can enjoy the Easter Bunny at the Harbor View Inn. Or take the Kids to the Easter Fashion Stroll at the Washington Street Mall. The Cape May Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities will be featuring several private tours and Spring Events for the new season. You can even enjoy an early Spring Dolphin and Whale Watching trip aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher. Take the time to Come to visit Cape May early this Spring, enjoy the newly budding tulips and enjoy an Easter Sunday Dinner at your favorite Cape May Restaurant with your Family and friends.
Our favorite top ten places to stroll in Cape May during the Spring Season.
- Beach Ave, Cape May – It’s Spring and the parking meters are still free, park the car and walk the promenade running across from Beach Ave. You can stop into George’s for lunch or visit the new Convention Hall, and the Surf Shop to check out the new accessories for this years beach stays.
- Cape May Lighthouse Pointe – Take a brisk walk on the nature trail, and join the bird watching crowd in search of local hawks and the occasional eagles spotted. The Lighthouse park has very good public access rest rooms and your steps away from the Cape May Lighthouse. Cape May Point State Park is a 235 acre state park located in Cape May Point, New Jersey. It has walking, hiking and nature trails as well as beaches, an exhibit gallery, and ranger office. For more information on the park please visit the NJ site here.
- Cape May Point – Cape May Point offers a quiet and tranquil park direct across the street from the Red General Store Restaurant. This quaint restaurant is a hidden gem located at 500 Cape Ave in Cape May Point NJ 08212. You can bring your small dog with you and site outside or have a lunch or dinner in this reconditioned general store. After lunch enjoy a slow walk aroend the meticulously kept park in Cape May Point.
- Cape May Ferry – Yes the Cape May Ferry Terminal is one of our most favorite places to walk and visit during the Spring. The Ferry has an outdoor mini putt range, and you also have one of the best views of boat traffic entering and departing the Cape May Canal. For more information on the Cape May Ferry, please visit the direct link here.
- The Docks at South Jersey Marina – We always enjoy walking the docks at the South Jersey Marina in Cape May. You can view all of the available fishing boats as the return with the day’s catch or take a cruise withe the Cape May Tiny Ferry service offers informational local harbor tours and pick and drop off service to the Lobster House and local marinas.
- Sunset Beach at Cape May Point – Sunset Beach is located at the very end of Sunset Drive as you head south past the West End Garage Ship in West Cape May. During the Summer Time you will find may bikers, joggers and birders all heading to the point. The best part about this walk is you get to visit the Sunset Beach Gift shop, you can play mini gold and it’s very close to the to the SS Atlantus and the Cape May Light.
- Walk over to the Congress Hall and the Virginia Hotel – The Cape May Resorts group offers several premier properties in Cape May. Our favorite walking property is theCongress Hall Hotel located beachside. You can walk the property, enjoy the great back lawn, and take a rest on the row of rocking chairs as you sit back and take in the warm summer light an beach breeze.
- The Beach Shack Bar and Rusty Nail Surfer Bar – A few short blocks down from the Congress Hall you can join the hip crowd of local beach goers and families with dog’s in tow at the bar. The Beach Shack has a dog friendly menu and you will often see local’s and tourist enjoying a cool Corona in the sand crowded around the only beachside outdoor fire pit in Cape May.
- Cape May Shopping at the Washington Street Outdoor Shopping Mall – If you don’t mind lot’s of crowds in summer time try the Washington Street Mall and you will be rewarded with a plethora of unique beach shops and local eateries. Don’t miss the famousHot Dog Tommy’s on Jackson Street in Cape May. You can visit Tom with the famous Hot Dog Weiner hat on his head, for some of the best local dogs in Cape May.
- Dog Friendly Places to walk with your Dog in Cape May –we are dog lovers, and are always searching for a good place to take our pup for a walk in town. Please keep in mind that Cape May has a strictly enforced no Dog Policy on the beach and your pooch will require to be leashed. Please note that theCape May Dog Park is closed for the next two years. For more information on places to take your talk please visit our dog friendly pages here. Cape May is very Dog Friendly, including many outdoor restaurants, or you can event take you dog for a whale and dolphin watching trip aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher. For additional info Dog Friendly places to walk and go please visit our dog friendly page here.
Check out these Spring Event Things to Do in Cape May for 2017
- Cape Mayhem Trolley Tour
- Cape May Time Capsule Trolley Tour
- Cape May Wine Trail
- Carroll Gallery Exhibit: “Cape May’s Stormy Past: From the Pages of The First Resort”
- The Doctor Is In
- Dr. Physick’s Neighborhood Walking Tour & Cafe Combo
- Chocolate Lover’s Feast
- Chocolate Tasting Tour
- Ghosts of Cape May Trolley Tour
- Ghosts of the Lighthouse Trolley Tour
- Historic Haunts Combo Tour
- Historic Haunts House Tour
- Jazz Brunch at the Estate for Mother’s Day
- Murder Mystery Dinners
- Physick Estate Scavenger Hunt
- Private Homes Tours
- Show Us Your Undies Fashion Show & Brunch
- Spring Festival Crafts & Collectibles Show