Last Minute Barbecue Recipes for Memorial Day (via Jersey Bites)
Memorial Day weekend is finally here and for many of us, that means celebrating with family and friends. In case you need a little inspiration for your upcoming barbeque, our team of Biters have shared some of their favorites. We want to wish everyone a Happy Memorial Day and express our gratitude…
Looking for things to do this Memorial Day Weekend in Cape May NJ?
Here’s a quick list of 10 family fun things to do in Cape May for the upcoming Memorial Day Weekend.
1. Climb the Stairs to the Top of the Cape May Lighthouse – The Cape May Lighthouse is located on the southernmost tip of New Jersey. Climb up the winding 199 stairs to the top of the 157 foot-tall structure and from the watch gallery take in a fantastic view the Atlantic Ocean, the town of Cape May, Delaware Bay, and Cape May Point State Park.
2. Take a Ride on The Cape May Whale Watcher
3. Stay in a Cape May Historical Hotel
4. Launch you Boat in Cape May
5. Dig for a Cape May Diamond at Sunset Beach
6. Take a Tour of a Real Victorian Mansion
7. Catch the Cape May Ferry to Lewes for a Day Trip
8. Take a Trolley Tour
9. Visit a Local Cape May Winery or the new Cape May Brew Pub
10. Walk the Beach and enjoy the start of a new season.
Are you looking for things to do in Cape May during this upcoming month of May. Come to Cape May during the month of May 2013. Memorial Day at the shore is the official kick off for the new Summer Season. Cape May offers an abundance of events throughout the entire month of May.
Cape May Monthly Events for May 2013
- Sunday, May 26 Crafts and Antiques for Memorial Day: Craft and Antiques vendors offer a wide selection of country crafts, folk art, custom-designed jewelry, antiques and a choice selection of Victorian items. Cape May Convention Hall, Beach Avenue and Stockton. Admission $2. Sunday, May 26, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sponsored by the Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities (MAC). For more information, call 609-884-5404 or 800-275-4278 or visit www.capemaymac.org.
- Monday, May 27 City of Cape May Memorial Day Ceremony at 10:30 AM Visit www.capemayrecreation.org or call (609) 884-9565 for more information. Revised 3/22/2013 Page 4
- Thursday, May 30 ZOE MUTH & THE LOST HIGH ROLLERS at Cape May Convention Hall at 8 p.m. She’s been called Seattle’s Emmylou, and when you hear her sing it may be hard to believe she was born and raised in the Great Northwest. The combination of her inventive songwriting, true-blue twang, and rock solid country band, the Lost High Rollers, has led critics to call her one of the best up and coming interpreters of classic coun-try music. Visit www.capemaycity.com for tickets or call 609-884-9563
Celebrating Memorial Day in Cape May NJ
Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation’s service. Memorial Day is a United States Federal holiday observed on the last Monday of May. Many people visit cemeteries and memorials on Memorial Day and it is traditionally seen as the start of the summer season. A national moment of remembrance takes place at 3 p.m. US Eastern time. Another tradition is to fly the U.S. flag at half-staff from dawn until noon local time. Volunteers usually place an American flag upon each grave site located in a National Cemetery.
Memorial Day is a federal holiday. All non-essential Government offices are closed, as are schools, businesses and other organizations. Most public transit systems do not run on their regular schedule. Many people see Memorial Day weekend as the official start of the New Jersey Summer Season. Memorial Day at the Jersey Shore and specifically Cape May, is the official opening of the Summer Season. Our Beach shore communities come alive with parades, local festivals, fireworks and events. Start a tradition in Come to Cape May this Memorial Day, here’s a brief list of some typical Memorial Day traditions.
Cape May Memorial Day 2013