Well it’s here the official first Day of Winter in Cape May. I shot some local images of Cape May as we prepare for the upcoming Christmas Holiday next week. You can always tell that it’s winter time in Cape May once the yellow blinking traffic lights are on until the Spring Season.
The town is fully decorated and I spotted Santa on the Balcony of the roof at the Virgina Hotel on Jackson street, along with an over sized Christmas Reindeer on the Carneey’s balcony.
|Yellow Blinking Traffic Lights are On for the Season|
|Cape May Homes are decorated for the Holiday|
|Santa spotted at the Virginia Hotel in Cape May|
|Christmas Decorations in Cape May on Jackson Street|
|Giant Toy Soldiers Guard the Congress Hall Entrance|
|Beautiful Christmas Decoractions at the Congress Hall Entrance|
|Christrmas Reindeer spotted at Carey’s|
|This Guy is Big !|
|Santa Spotted on the Roof and Balcony in Cape May|
|The Virginia Hotel Cape May Christmas Decorations|
Looking for Something to Do in Cape May for the Christmas Holidays?
- You can hike the beach and visit the Cape May Lighthouse and climb to the top for a great view, then retire for a Hot Chocolate and rum drink.
- A few years ago we drove to the beach on New Years night and shouted Happy New Years! into the ocean. Bring a flashlight and bundle up against the wind.
- Go carolling. Make some small song books (lyrics only), and some candles with mitten-guards, then visit the relatives and their neighbors.
- Go shopping the West End Garage is open and the Washington Street Mall is decorated for the season and open for business.
- Sit at a fire place at your favorite Bed and Breakfast Inn or Hotel, we prefer the bar and fireplace at the Brown Room in Congress Hall the official living room of Cape May.
- Take A Candlelight Tour of the Victorian homes and Church’s, you can get go on a self guided tour and pick up tickets from MAC.
- Visit a Winery and enjoy a tasting event, we have several award winning Vineyards all within a 10 minute drive of Cape May.
- Go shopping for that one of a kind Christmas Tree Ornament at Winterwood. This classic shop is a Cape May tradition with stores located in Cape May and Rio Grande NJ.
- Eat Chocolate in Cape May, Louisa just opened her new Louisa’s Chocolate Bar one stop away from Louisa’s restaurant. Specialty, hand-made chocolates from around the country. Our favorites are: Dick Taylor Craft Chocolates and Maison Bouche! This is a darling addition to the Cape May shopping experience. Pure decadence!! More information here
- Stay at a luxurious Bed and Breakfast, sleep in and enjoy a cup of tea or Coffee in the morning.
If you are looking for more things to do in Cape May this winter click on the link here for some addtional ideas. About Cape May and Cape May Resort.com Cape May is a city at the southern tip of Cape May Peninsula in Cape May County, New Jersey, where the Delaware Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean. With a rich history, award-winning beaches & boating, designation as a top birding location, and many Victorian structures, Cape May is a seaside resort drawing visitors from around the world. Cape May was recognized as one of America’s top 10 beaches by the Travel Channel and its beach was ranked fifth in New Jersey in the 2008 Top 10 Beaches. CapeMayResort.com is a site that’s totally dedicated to the historic Cape May Resort vacation area. We have two goals – to promote our beautiful town’s local businesses and to assist potential visitors in finding anything they could want or need in and around Cape May. This site is home to custom pages and video of easy to navigate information about Cape May- from restaurant choices to weather reports to local events in Cape May We also host a local Cape May Blog featuring local events, Things to Do in Cape May, shopping and beach information and much more. You can check out Blog at http://capemayresort.blogspot.com/ http://capemayvictorian.com CapeMayVictorian.com is a custom photo sharing site in which you can explore local Cape May images, download your favorite vacation spot or order a custom framed picture or a one of kind gift of your vacation memory. http://capemayresort.com Cape May Resort.com is a local Cape May Web Site featuring Things to Do in Cape May, along with Cape May Digital Coupons for savings. If you’re looking for information and reviews for your next trip to Cape may, you’ve come to the right place. At Cape May Resort.com we’ll give you the most current information from Yelp and real time local You Tube Videos to preview your next vacation or week-end trip. We offer the best in recent reviews from Real People with Real Reviews from Yelp. http://capemayresort.blogspot.com/ Looking for Something to Do in Cape May New Jersey. Spend a day at the beach, or go Dolphin and Whale Watching. Visit a local winery or check out the lighthouse and sunken ship at Cape May State Park. Cape May offers beach lovers Victorian architecture, fine dining, bird watching, boating and fishing in addition to world class resort and vacation accommodations. If you’re looking for information and reviews for your next trip to Cape may, you’ve come to the right place.Cape May Resort.com has been part of the South Jersey Cape May area since 1988. Let us put our local experience to work for you.