The West Cape May Community Christmas Parade
by Ryan Reclaim on 11/14/12
Always the first Saturday in December, The WCM Community Christmas Parade sets the stage for the areas holiday season. Now in her 47th year, the parade steps off at 5:00PM sharp from the WCM Volunteer Firehouse and marches South on Broadway, winds East on Perry, and onto Carpenter Lane in the City of Cape May. Under the able leadership of Parade Lady Charlotte Daily, a small army of volunteers assembles an unforgettable hometown memory each year! The Parade reschedules to 12/2/12 in the case of inclement weather.
Experience the high point of Cape May’s holiday season during these self-guided tours, which feature:
• Homes, inns, hotels & churches specially decorated for the holidays (at least a dozen each night)
• Christmas caroling and strolling musicians, trees and garland & good old-fashioned cheer
• Hospitality centers with warm beverages & home-baked goodies
• Admission to the Emlen Physick Estate, Cape May’s only Victorian house museum, and to “An Old-fashioned Christmas: Holiday Traditions through the Years” exhibit in the Carriage House Gallery
• Continuous shuttle service on heated trolleys
$25 adults, $20 children (ages 3-12). Limited tours. Reserve early! Call 609-884-5404 or 800-275-4278 .
Tickets are available online or at the Washington Street Mall Information Booth at Ocean and the Hill House office at the Emlen Physick Estate.