The forecast calls for a rainy weekend at the Jersey Shore and you’ve come down to Cape May with that special significant other or you have the kids in tow. With a spotty forecast predicted for this weekend and no beach time in sight. What can you do to experience the best that Cape May has to offer.
Don’t forget Cape May offers some of the best Restaurants, Vineyards and Shopping at the Jersey Shore…. Go Shopping, Sip some Wine, take a food tour.
Go Shopping at the West End Garage Indoors, Enjoy a Wine Tasting Tour or Bring the Kids to Play Arcades at the Promenade on Beach Ave.
Go Shopping at the West End Garage in West Cape May NJ – Cape May not only offers the best unique dining experiences for a couple or family to enjoy you also have a wide assortment of shopping from the West End Garage in West Cape May to walking the Washington Street Mall or going on a antique hunt within the Cape May County area.
On a Rainy Day in Cape May you can visit a number of Cape May Wineries including the Cape May Winery, Hawk Haven and enjoy a slow day sipping on a flight of wines with a light lunch as you experience the award winning wines from the Cape May area. You can click here for a complete list of things to do in Cape May. Here’s our second list of Things to Do in Cape May during a rainy weekend. If you are looking for the Top 10 Free Things to Do in Cape May, save your money and gas and click on the Top Free Things to Do in Cape May here.
A Rainy Weekend in Cape May Top 10 Things to Do
- Go Shopping at the West End Mall in West Cape May for that unique one of a kind beach gift crafted from a local artist.
- Take a Wine Tasting Tour and enjoy the local Wineries and spend the afternoon at a few vineyards to appreciate the local offerings.
- Visit our local historical buildings, church’s and take in the Victorian architecture with your camera or Smartphone.
- Visit the Cape May County Zoo, the Cape May County Zoo located on Route 9 only five miles or a 10 minute drive from the center of Cape May, New Jersey. Plan for a day outdoors with some walking for about two hour stay, pack your lunch or eat at the Zoo.
- Visit the Word War II Historic Naval Station in Rio Grande NJ. The Naval Air Station or “NAS” Wildwood is only six miles from the center of Cape May NJ, located off of route 9 in at the Rio Grand Airport. It’s very easy to find and has free parking for cars, vans or campers.
- Take a Custom Cape May Food Tour, Expect a fun afternoon of good food, healthy walking, beautiful scenic gardens and Victorian architecture. You’ll sample tasty specialties from 6 local eateries including award winning and signature dishes.
- Spend a day on a Antique hunt in Cape May County Cape May Antique Treasures: With more than 50 Antique shops scattered throughout the Jersey Cape, it’s no wonder Antiquing has become one of the favorite pastimes of visitors to Cape May County. U
- Visit a Cape May Day Spa on a Rainy Day Spending a day or week end in Cape May to relax. Schedule a Facial to relax or enjoy a therapeutic massage in your Cape May Hotel Room or Bed and Breakfast. Rejuvenate and pamper yourself during your next visit to Cape May with a relaxing visit to a local Cape May Spa.
- Eat like a Local in Cape May and visit any one of the finest restaurants, if it’s Restaurant Week in Cape May you can check out the participating restaurants here. Come to Cape May and eat like a local, take a look at some of the top restaurants in Cape May New Jersey
- Check our this Weeks Local Events in Cape May, every week during the summer Cape May offers a number of custom events, check out the changing list here to determine which event you would like to attend.
If you are looking for Free Things to Do in Cape May visit the Cape May Nature Center to check out the number of programs available here.