Top Ten things to do in Cape May During the Spring
It’s almost Spring in Cape May. Cape May is a year round resort destination at the New Jersey Shore, with lot’s of events in place for the start of the Spring Season. You can enjoy the Easter Bunny at the Harbor View Inn. Or take the Kids to the Easter Fashion Stroll at the Washington Street Mall. The Cape May Mid-Atlantic Center for the Arts & Humanities will be featuring several private tours and Spring Events for the new season. You can even enjoy an early Spring Dolphin and Whale Watching trip aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher. Take the time to Come to visit Cape May early this Spring, enjoy the newly budding tulips and enjoy an Easter Sunday Dinner at your favorite Cape May Restaurant with your Family and friends.
Top Ten things to do in Cape May During the Spring
- Cape May Spring Festival -Ready to put the long, cold winter behind you? Come and celebrate the arrival of Spring in Cape May. Stroll the historic streets and enjoy the gorgeous blooms and the warm sunshine. We have lots for you to enjoy as you celebrate Spring!
- Breakfast with the Easter Bunny in Cape May NJ. -Harbor view Restaurant Breakfast with the Easter Bunny – An annual event, enjoy breakfast with the Easter Bunny at the Habor view. Plenty of specials for the kids. Bring your camera for plenty of free pictures with the Easter Bunny! Reservations accepted but not required. Date: March 26, 2016 Time: 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM EDT Website: http://www.harborviewcapemay.com
- cape may ferry easterEaster Saturday come to either Ferry Terminal for one of two seatings to enjoy Breakfast with the Easter Bunny! With hot and cold buffet selections, there’s something for everyone while the little ones in your life get their picture taken with Mr. Bunny.Registered children can also participate in an Easter Egg hunt between seatings with special golden eggs for Ferry prizes.Date: Saturday, March 26 Where: Each terminal’s salon. Price: $22 per adult (age 13 or older), $12 per child (ages 3-12), children under 3 Free. Reservations: Required. Call: 1-800-643-3779
- 37th Annual Spring Fling In Cape May NJ Saturday May 21st @ Elaines Boutique Hotel in Cape May features artisans and crafters displaying and selling accents and accessories for you, your home and your gardens as well as eco-friendly resources to help promote a Green Cape May. Explore Cape May’s seaside gardens during Cape May Garden Tours. Enjoy the sights and smells of a variety of Cape May gardens as your guide leads you on a scenic hour-long stroll. Allow your senses to carry you back into times gone by as you tour Cape May’s hidden treasures. Tours cost $10 per person. Name: 37th Annual Spring Fling Date: May 21, 2016 Time: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM Website:http://www.capemaychamber.com
- Spring Festival Crafts and Antiques Shows in Cape May – April and May
The Annual Spring Festival Crafts & Antiques Shows held at the Physick Estate becomes an outdoor marketplace as arts and crafts vendors from throughout the Northeast display their wares.
- EXIT ZERO JAZZ FESTIVAL SPRING 2016 EDITION
FROM 04/22/2016 TO 04/24/2016 AT MULTIPLE VENUES
- Cape May Whale Watching in the Sping-Plan You Spring and Order Ticket in Advance for the Cape May Whale Watcher You can plan your trip in advance and order your Cape May Whale Watching tickets online and save 10% for all on line orders.
- Cape May Spring Festival: SO.MANY.BIRDS! May 19-22, 2016 Experience all of our favorite walks, led by our superb leaders. There will be lots of opportunities to witness our world-renowned shorebird migration spectacle and our beloved horseshoe crabs. ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
- Cape May Spring Beach walks Spring has sprung in Cape May at the Jersey Shore and it’s time to put away those winter jackets and get outside for a brisk spring walk at the Jersey Shore in Cape May. We’ve listed a few of our local favorites in Cape May. This beach side resort offers a number of areas to enjoy a brisk walk from the quiet sanctuary of Cape May Point park, to the top of the Cape May Lighthouse or sitting beachside at the Beach Shack Restaurant after a day on the sand.
Our favorite top ten places to stroll in Cape May during the Spring Season.
- Beach Ave, Cape May – It’s Spring and the parking meters are still free, park the car and walk the promenade running across from Beach Ave. You can stop into George’s for lunch or visit the new Convention Hall, and the Surf Shop to check out the new accessories for this years beach stays.
- Cape May Lighthouse Pointe – Take a brisk walk on the nature trail, and join the bird watching crowd in search of local hawks and the occasional eagles spotted. The Lighthouse park has very good public access rest rooms and your steps away from the Cape May Lighthouse. Cape May Point State Park is a 235 acre state park located in Cape May Point, New Jersey. It has walking, hiking and nature trails as well as beaches, an exhibit gallery, and ranger office. For more information on the park please visit the NJ site here.
- Cape May Point – Cape May Point offers a quiet and tranquil park direct across the street from the Red General Store Restaurant. This quaint restaurant is a hidden gem located at 500 Cape Ave in Cape May Point NJ 08212. You can bring your small dog with you and site outside or have a lunch or dinner in this reconditioned general store. After lunch enjoy a slow walk aroend the meticulously kept park in Cape May Point.
- Cape May Ferry – Yes the Cape May Ferry Terminal is one of our most favorite places to walk and visit during the Spring. The Ferry has an outdoor mini putt range, and you also have one of the best views of boat traffic entering and departing the Cape May Canal. For more information on the Cape May Ferry, please visit the direct link here.
- The Docks at South Jersey Marina – We always enjoy walking the docks at the South Jersey Marina in Cape May. You can view all of the available fishing boats as the return with the day’s catch or take a cruise withe the Cape May Tiny Ferry service offers informational local harbor tours and pick and drop off service to the Lobster House and local marinas.
- Sunset Beach at Cape May Point – Sunset Beach is located at the very end of Sunset Drive as you head south past the West End Garage Ship in West Cape May. During the Summer Time you will find may bikers, joggers and birders all heading to the point. The best part about this walk is you get to visit the Sunset Beach Gift shop, you can play mini gold and it’s very close to the to the SS Atlantus and the Cape May Light.
- Walk over to the Congress Hall and the Virginia Hotel – The Cape May Resorts group offers several premier properties in Cape May. Our favorite walking property is theCongress Hall Hotel located beachside. You can walk the property, enjoy the great back lawn, and take a rest on the row of rocking chairs as you sit back and take in the warm summer light an beach breeze.
- The Beach Shack Bar and Rusty Nail Surfer Bar – A few short blocks down from the Congress Hall you can join the hip crowd of local beach goers and families with dog’s in tow at the bar. The Beach Shack has a dog friendly menu and you will often see local’s and tourist enjoying a cool Corona in the sand crowded around the only beachside outdoor fire pit in Cape May.
- Cape May Shopping at the Washington Street Outdoor Shopping Mall – If you don’t mind lot’s of crowds in summer time try the Washington Street Mall and you will be rewarded with a plethora of unique beach shops and local eateries. Don’t miss the famousHot Dog Tommy’s on Jackson Street in Cape May. You can visit Tom with the famous Hot Dog Weiner hat on his head, for some of the best local dogs in Cape May.
- Dog Friendly Places to walk with your Dog in Cape May –we are dog lovers, and are always searching for a good place to take our pup for a walk in town. Please keep in mind that Cape May has a strictly enforced no Dog Policy on the beach and your pooch will require to be leashed. Please note that theCape May Dog Park is closed for the next two years. For more information on places to take your talk please visit our dog friendly pages here. Cape May is very Dog Friendly, including many outdoor restaurants, or you can event take you dog for a whale and dolphin watching trip aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher. For additional info Dog Friendly places to walk and go please visit our dog friendly page here.