On Vacation in Cape May for the Summer? Uber Lyft Taxi & Rideshare Services are available in Cape May, New Jersey
During the busy summer season, Taxi service is limited in Cape May. We have waited after a late dinner on vacation for the local service from Art’s Taxi service due to the high in season demand. Plan your evening out at the shore with UBER and don’t worry about driving and crowded parking spaces in Cape May NJ. Use UBER to drop or pick up guests from the airport, Coast Guard station, events, restaurants or to get picked up at the Cape May Ferry and leave your Car at home.
Uber has come to the Jersey Shore and now is available for all of the areas listed below.
Why use UBER or Lyft on your next time out on Cape May?
Waiting for a limited taxi service from your resort hotel to a restaurant or event in Cape May can be a frustrating thing. Simply download the ap or click the below link to immediately book your UBER service in Cape May
- Lower fare. UberX is cheaper than a taxi in almost every U.S. market, including New York City
- Taxi Sevice is limited in Cape May, Convenience upon pickup. No need to call dispatch, wait in a line, or wave from a curb. Tap “request” on your phone from the comfort of indoors and wait for a push notification that your driver is “arriving now.” In dense urban markets, drivers arrive in less than a minute.
- Please don’t Drink and Drive – use the UBER service and you can enjoy that favorite glass of wine and not have to be concerned with a designiated driver during vacation.
- Convenience upon arrival. No fumbling for cash. Simply say thanks and get out. All-inclusive payment is charged to your card on file, and a receipt is sent to you by email
- Easy dispute resolution. Each ride receipt includes a map and a GPS track, so you can complain if your driver took a circuitous route. In my experience Uber is prompt with refunds
- Better service. Passengers rate drivers, and Uber deactivates poorly rated drivers. Drivers therefore have an incentive to maintain a clean car and provide good service.
How do I use Uber or Lyft services in Cape May NJ?
First of all you need to sign up for the service, either at the Uber.com website, or via the app. You also need to install the Android or iPhone app on a compatible device. Then, when you need a cab, you tap the app to set up a pickup location. Then you request a ride, and a driver will accept the commission.
Uber Shore will continue to serve areas throughout the shore points but will be most reliable during the summer season. Check the app to see if cars are available throughout the off-season.
For up to four passengers, choose low-cost uberX or ride in luxury with UberBLACK. If you’re rolling five or six deep, select SUV for the best value as these hold up to six passengers and are only 25-35% more than UberBLACK.
USE FARE ESTIMATOR IN THE APP OR ON OUR WEBSITE TO ESTIMATE THE FARE FOR YOUR SPECIFIC TRIP.
- Fare Split. Traveling with friends? Don’t forget to use fare split to help keep cost down. Go here to learn more about how fare splitting works.
- Tolls. You will be automatically charged for tolls. There is no need to pay the driver cash to cover these costs.
- Pricing. It’s no surprise that heavy ridership coincides with trips to/from the bar. Schedule your trip out before/after 9 pm and grab a slice of pizza to avoid the 2 am rush home.Demand will be high. We suggest you read up on how surge pricing works to familiarize yourself with the process. Surge pricing does drop, so stay put and turn up the beats while you wait for demand to reduce.
Before the fall chill sets in, enjoy the final weekend of summer down the shore! If all that stands between you and your long weekend of fun is a safe ride to your favorite shore spot, we’ve got you covered!Click me