The Town of Cape May NJ has gone to the Dogs….who let those dog’s out?
Dog Friendly Places to Go and Things to Do in Cape May NJ
Don’t leave home without them, if you’re like us at Cape May Resort we always take our beloved family fury friend along with us to Cape May during vacation or on weekend excursions trips. The fact is that Cape May like most resort destinations has gone to the dogs, and has become much more pet friendly. You can stay at a dedicated Guest House, the The Billmae Cottage enjoy a relaxing weekend while pampering your pet, and Cape May also offers its own fenced in Dog Park to let your buddy stretch his paws and get some well needed play time in after the long ride down the Garden State in the car. Here’s a brief list we compiled of some fun and unique things to do with your Pooch in Cape May to helpdd
Things to do with your Pooch in Cape May…you can take your Dog to Cape May NJ.
- Take the Cape May Lewes Ferry with your Pooch – did you know that you can take along you fury family member onboard the Cape May Ferry. It’s no problem to bring along your Pet as long as they are leashed and collard for the trip.
- Go Whale and Dolphin Watching with your Golden Retriever by your side – no surprise here Captain Jeff and his crew allow well behaved dog’s aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher. They feature oversized ADA compliant boarding ramps, which makes it easy for your Pooch’s paws to get some traction and board for a day of fun on the boat during the trip.
- Have Lunch with You Best Friend at the Beach Shack – The Beach Shack not only offers a Dog Menu, they are also a Dog Friendly Cape May Resort. You can have your Dog stay with you on vacation and enjoy a refreshing cocktail outside at the fire pit as your Dog lies by your side relaxing.
- Have a Sip of Wine with you Pooch in Cape May NJ. You can bring you little friend to most wineries including the Cape May Winery, Hawk Haven Winery in Rio Grande. Please keep in mind that your dog will be seated in an outdoor setting. New to our list is the Hawk Haven Winery in Rio Grande, Hawk Haven has an outdoor crush pad, and will allow you to lunch with your Pooch outdoors with a great view of the Winery.
- Take in Some Tunes on the Water at Harbor Haven Marina – Enjoy a Sunday afternoon on the deck listening to live music on the water. Harbor Haven allows well behaved Pets on leashes on the deck; they also will provide a bowl of water for refreshments.
- Enjoy a Local Cape May Museum – If you are local to the Rio Grande area we recently took out Dog to the Naval Area Station with the kids for a great time we visited the Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum and on the back to Cape May we stopped in to the Historic Cold Spring Village
Situated directly on the Delaware Bay with sunsets to die for, at Harpoon Henry’s, Have a beer and lunch with your Dog.
Here’s a list of Dog Friendly Hotels and Restaurants in Cape May. Please remember to keep your Dog leashed and make sure you keep a close eye on your Dog, and please pick up and clean up after your Dog after your visit. Cape May has over 11 Dog Friendly restaurants to take you well behaved Pooch. Please keep in mind that you and your dog will be seated in outdoor setting and your Dog must remain leashed at all times.
- Alexander’s 653 Washington St Cape May, NJ
- Blue Pig Tavern 251 Beach Ave Cape May, NJ
- Jackson Mountain Cafe 400 Washington Street Cape May, NJ
- Lucky Bones Backwater Grille 1200 Rte. 109 S Cape May, NJ (water provided for your pet)
- Mad Batter 19 Jackson St Cape May, NJ 8024 (offers outdoor seating)
- Monticello Bistro Cafe 131 N Broadway Cape May, NJ (offers outdoor seating)
- The Lobster House Raw Bar 906 Schellengers Landing Road, Cape May Harbor Cape May, NJ 04
- Zoe’s Beachfront Eatery 715 Beach Avenue Cape May, (water provided for your pet)
- The Beach Shack – (offers outdoor seating)
- The Red General Store, 500 Cape Ave, Cape May Point (offers outdoor seating)
- Tisha’s 322 Washington Street, Cape May
If you would like to take your Pooch for a cool beer or glass of wine in Cape May check out these famous Cape May Bars that offer outdoor seating.
- The Ugly Mug 426 Washington Street
- The Rusty Nail, located on Beach Ave
- Mayer’s Tavern, across from the Miss Chris
Take a Wine Tour with your Dog, or visit the Naval Air Station or Historic Cold Spring Village
If you are looking for a Bed and Breakfast or Hotel that is Dog Pet Friendly in Cape May check out the following list:
Cape May Dog Friendly Hotels and Inns
- The Billmae Cottage – The Billmae Cottage, a dog-friendly guest house in Cape May, New Jersey.
- White Dove Cottage 2 pet friendly suites with yard access.
- Mason Cottage 2 rooms dog friendly.
You can even take you well behaved and leashed doggy aboard the Cape May Whale Watcher.
Get tickets here with a 10% discount for all Whale and Dolphin events.